BRAINTREE TOWN CLERK
Braintree Town Hall
One JFK Memorial Drive
Braintree, MA 02184
The Town Clerk is in charge of elections and voter registration. In order to participate in local or state elections, you must be registered to vote. You may register to vote at the Town Clerk’s office. You must be 18 years of age, a U.S. citizen and a resident of the Town at the time of the next election. Mail-in registration forms are available at the Thayer Public Library as well as the Town Clerk’s office.
The Town Census/Voter Registration Confirmation Form is mailed out to the head of household each January and all citizens are required by law to respond. This confirms that the census/voter information is accurate or gives the opportunity for it to be updated. Failure to respond to the Town Census/Voter Registration Confirmation will change the status of all "Active" voters in that household to "Inactive". All are encouraged to complete the Annual Census/Voter Registration Confirmation Form immediately upon receiving this document.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Mass.gov) provides up-to-date voter information. The Town of Braintree provides the following links as a community service. Please fill in all fields carefully.
Voter Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Register to Vote?
How to Apply For an Absentee Ballot?
Who are my elected officials?
Where do I vote?
What voter precinct do I live in?
What time do the voting locations open/close?
All voter locations open at 7:00a.m. and close at 8:00p.m.
When is the next election?
In 2015 there are two elections anticipated. The Preliminary Town Election*, to be held on September 15, 2015, and the Regular Town Election, to be held on November 3, 2015. Polls will be open from 7:00am until 8:00pm.
Click here for a detailed 2015 election calendar.
* Braintree Charter - Section 7-3(c ): Condition Making Preliminary Town Election Unnecessary – If at the expiration of time for filing statements of mayoral candidates to be voted upon at any preliminary election, not more that 2 statements have been filed with the town clerk for the office of mayor, the candidates whose statements have been filed with the town clerk shall be considered to have been nominated to the office, and their names shall be voted upon for this office at the succeeding regular town election.
Which Elected Offices will appear on the next Regular Town Election Ballot?
Click here for a complete listing.
When is the last day I register to vote in the next election?
The last day to register to vote for the September 15, 2015 Preliminary Town Election is August 26th and, for the November 3, 2015 Regular Town Election is October 14th. The Town Clerk's Office will remain open until 8:00pm on each of these days.
Voter Precinct Locations
Precinct 1A - MARGE CRISPIN CENTER
- 74 Pond Street (Rear of Building) | Google Map Link
Handicap Entrance is located in front of building
Precinct 1B - MARY E. FLAHERTY SCHOOL (GYM)
- 99 Lakeside Drive at Braintree Dam | Google Map Link
Precinct 2A - N. EUGENE HOLLIS SCHOOL (GYM)
- 482 Washington Street | Google Map Link
Precinct 2B - SAINT THOMAS MORE PARISH HALL
- 7 Hawthorn Road | Google Map Link
Precinct 3A - DONALD E. ROSS SCHOOL (GYM)
- 20 Hayward Street | Google Map Link
Precinct 3B – RECREATION BUILDING (UPPER LEVEL)
– 85 Quincy Avenue at Gordon Road | Google Map Link
Precinct 4A - EAST MIDDLE SCHOOL (GYM)
- 305 River Street off Middle Street | Google Map Link
Precinct 4B - ARCHIE T. MORRISON SCHOOL (LIBRARY)
- At 268 Liberty Street | Google Map Link
Precinct 5A - TOWN HALL(CAHILL AUDITORIUM)
- 1 JFK Memorial Drive| Directions to Town Hall
Precinct 5B - LIBERTY SCHOOL (GYM)
- 49 Proctor Road | Google Map Link
Precinct 6A - SOUTH MIDDLE SCHOOL (GYM)
- 232 Peach Street | Google Map Link
Precinct 6B - HIGHLANDS SCHOOL (GYM)
- 144 Wildwood Avenue | Google Map Link
District Map as of December 31, 2011