Recycling / Trash
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
WHAT DO I DO ABOUT MISSED PICKUPS?
- CALL Capitol Waste 617-569-1718
WHAT WILL BE PICKED UP OUTSIDE THE CART?
- FOR ANYTHING OUTSIDE THE CART, CALL CAPITOL WASTE AT 617-569-1718 TO ARRANGE PICKUP.
WILL WOOD BE PICKED UP?
- Only if cut into 4 ft. lengths & tied. Up to 3 bundles weekly allowed. NO WOOD is allowed in carts. Pallets are not collected curbside or at the Recycle Center Dropoff.
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR MATTRESSES, & BOX SPRINGS?
- Call Capitol Waste Services at 617-569-1718 at least one week in advance. You will be scheduled for collection at that time. Mattresses must be in a plastic bag (box spring bagging optional but helpful). Bags are available for $5. at Town Hall, Treasurer's Office, Water and Sewer Department, 85 Quincy Ave and Richmond Hardware, So. Braintree Square.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR APPLIANCES AND BULK ITEMS (FURNITURE)?
- Call Capitol Waste Services at 617-569-1718 one week in advance of these items being put out. Up to two pieces can be put out weekly.
WHAT DO I DO ABOUT CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL?
- DOORS, WINDOWS, TOILETS, PALLETS, FENCING, ETC. IS NOT PICKED UP CURBSIDE. IT MUST BE DISPOSED OF THROUGH THE CONTRACTOR DOING THE WORK OR BY TAKING IT TO COMPANIES SUCH AS CHAMPION CITY/BROCKTON OR BOSTON BUILDING MATERIALS (HABITAT FOR HUMANITY WHO WILL PICK UP RE-USABLE ITEMS AT NO CHARGE).
FOR ADDITIONAL RECYCLING INFORMATION CLIK HERE:
PER FEDERAL LAW: REFRIGERATORS MUST HAVE ALL DOORS REMOVED BEFORE BEING PLACED CURBSIDE DUE TO PUBLIC/CHILD-SAFETY CONCERNS.
Remember to Recycle Right: No Plastic Bags, No Food or Liquids in Containers, No Hoses/Wires/Chains, No Textiles, and No Styrofoam. Kindly empty items loosely into the recycling cart. To see if a specific item is recyclable or not, go to www.recyclesmart.org
Please Recycle Smart !
The Most Important Part of Recycling is YOU!
Contaminated Recycling = Increased Costs
Recycling should be loose - NOT in paper bags or plastic bags.
Click here for updated Recycling Information:MA DEP Mandate
The Town of Braintree provides Trash/Recycling Services to the Single Family homes and apartments (up to 4 units), who pay the annual trash fee.
Please be considerate of school age children, people walking and any residents having to use wheelchairs, and keep a path open on your sidewalks when you put your trash out.
The Town of Braintree does not provide Trash or Recycling services for Commercial/Business residents.
Weekly Curbside Trash & Recycling Pickup Schedules
Just a reminder...all trash and recycling needs to be placed curbside either the night before, or prior to 7 a.m. Collection time is subject to change due to a variety of reasons such as equipment problems. Place carts 2' apart.
Also, your carts should not be set out before 7:00 the night prior to the collection and carts should be removed from the curb within 24 hours of your set out