Drop-off Center Services - Additional Services
1. Recycling - Shredded Paper - new service available
Shredded Paper can no longer be put into your recycle cart. It must be placed in your trash if picked up curbside. If you want to recycle Shredded Paper you can bring it to the residential drop-off center and simply hand your bag to the attendant who will empty it into the special carts. Limit of two 15 gallon bags per visit. Please do not place shredded paper in any other container at the site.
2. Recycling - Metals
Acceptable Items: Lawn mowers (empty tanks only), metal shelves, empty propane tanks, grills, tools, swing sets, Appliances without Freon, etc.
3. Recycling - Rigid Plastics
Acceptable Items: Buckets with metal handles, laundry baskets, lawn furniture, toys, plastic coolers, shelving, pet carriers, trash barrels, plastic flower pots (no soil), 5 gallon containers, etc.
Non-Acceptable Items: Plastic beverage containers, hoses, PVC pipe, vinyl siding, glass, metal, wood, paper, Styrofoam, oil/chemical containers, etc.
4. Recycling – Mercury Products
Acceptable Items: Thermostats, Glass Thermometers, Chemistry Sets, Fluorescent & Halogen Bulbs, Blood-Pressure Cuffs, Barometers, Auto/Boat Switches. A free exchange of mercury thermometers for digital ones can be done at the Ivory Street Drop-Off Center.
5. Recycling – Books
Acceptable Items: Gently used books, DVDs, CD, Records, Video Games, Comic Books, Baseball Cards.
Non-Acceptable Items: Encyclopedias, magazines, newspapers, wet/moldy/damaged items, cassette , VHS tapes, picture tube TVs, CRT Computer Monitors.
6. Recycling – Clothing/Textiles
Acceptable Items: (Any condition as long as they are clean & dry)
Footwear – shoes, work & dress boots, sneakers, high heels, cleat, clippers, flip flops, sandals.
Clothing – jerseys, sweaters, sweatshirts, tank tops, shorts, coats, suits, gowns, dresses, blazers, pants, jeans, sweatpants, skirts, undergarments, socks, slips, pajamas, bathrobes, etc.
Accessories – hats, belts, pocketbooks, gloves, duffle bags, ties, scarves, cloth tote bags.
Linens – sheets, blankets, comforters, pillows, drapes, dish & bath towels, tablecloths, small throw, rugs, placemats, napkins
Stuffed Animals – can be faded, torn, missing accessories (such as whiskers, noses, etc.)
7. Excess Trash - One-Load Permit (Sticker Required)
1. Available only to Braintree residents who have paid the annual trash fee.2. Available only to Braintree residents who have a current trash sticker affixed to a vehicle registered in the Town of Braintree.
3. This “One-Load Permit” is NON-transferable and is NOT available to Commercial Businesses, Condominiums or Apartment Buildings.
4. This “One-Load Permit” is only valid at the Braintree Residential Drop-Off Center.
5. Only One Visit Per Day with up to 500 lbs. is allowed.
6. Multiple permits can be purchased and there is no expiration date.
7. This “One-Load Permit” cannot be used at the Covanta Transfer Facility.
8. Purchase at the Collector’s Office at the Town Hall at a cost of $25. (781-794-8130)
Excessive trash that is generated by cleanouts due to moving, periodic 'house cleanings' by residents not participating in the curbside program must be disposed of by renting a dumpster or can be taken to:
Covanta Transfer Facility - (781-843-6209) Mon-Sat 7am-3pmSpecial pricing for all Braintree residents including Condo owners. (Payment by credit card only and proof of residency required) Up to 500 lbs.- $50 minimum Over 500 lbs.- 10cents per pound
Construction and demolition material not accepted per DEP regulations.