(Town Council Order 13-060)
This Soldiers’ Memorial, constructed of Blue Westerly Granite, was dedicated on June 17, 1874 and honors Braintree soldiers who lost their lives during the Civil War. The memorial features the figure of a Union soldier holding his rifle at parade rest. The project includes a professional cleaning, repair of the lead seal that connects the pieces of the monument together, replacement of two small pieces of the monument which have broken off and restoration of the brick walkway around the statue. Community Preservation funds were combined with a Massachusetts Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission Preservation Grant.