- Public Works
- Recycling / Trash
- Curbside Collection Services
Curbside Collection Services
PER FEDERAL LAW: REFRIGERATORS MUST HAVE ALL DOORS REMOVED BEFORE BEING PLACED CURBSIDE DUE TO PUBLIC/CHILD-SAFETY CONCERNS.
Braintree Trash & Recycling Update Fall/Winter 2022
Excessive trash or recycling cannot be picked up curbside. Residents receiving curbside services who have the occasional extra material may utilize the Recycling Drop-Off Center at 257 Ivory St. All trash at Drop-Off Center must be contained within a plastic bag & securely tied. A Town-issued sticker from the Treasurer's Office (781-794-8134) is required & must be affixed to your windshield. Up to 3 bags of trash and unlimited recycling may be dropped off daily. Recycling Center Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday: 7:15am to 2:45pm
Additional Information: www.braintreema.gov/recycling
Weekly Automated Trash/Recycling Collection Program
Missed pickups - call Sunrise Scavenger directly at 617-361-8000. Reminders:
- Please have carts curbside prior to 7 a.m. placed 2 feet apart, with handles facing house.
- Cart lids must be closed so trucks can operate safely.
- Carts should be 2 to 3 feet apart (also same distance from furniture) and in a place with at least 12 feet overhead clearance.
- Only the Town issued carts can be used.
Curbside Yard Waste
Yard Waste is collected curbside in the Spring and in the Fall with your normal trash/recycling collection. Only grass, leaves and branches 1" and under are collected curbside and must be placed in open top containers or paper bags. DO NOT put yard waste in the Town provided trash/recycling carts, cardboard boxes or in plastic bags. Weight limit is 50 pounds. NO Dirt or Rocks.
Holiday Schedule for Trash & Recycling Collection
Whenever a scheduled collection day falls on a holiday, that day’s collection and all remaining collections for the week will be delayed one day. Friday’s collection will be on Saturday. Holidays falling on Saturday do not change the schedule. Holidays falling on a Sunday will result in a one day delay, as Sunday holidays are celebrated on Monday.
No Trash Service (one day delay following the holiday):
- Presidents Day - Monday, February 20, 2023
- Patriots Day - Monday, April 17, 2023
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 29, 2023
- Juneteenth - Monday, June 19, 2023
- Independence Day - Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- Labor Day - Monday, September 4, 2023
- Columbus/Indigenous Peoples Day - Monday, October 9, 2023
- Veteran’s Day - November 11, 2023 (Saturday, NO DELAY)
- Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 23, 2023
- Christmas - Monday, December 25, 2023
- New Years Day - Monday, January 1, 2024
2022 Christmas trees have already been collection but can be dropped off at the Compost Site.
2023 Curbside Pickup scheduled for the week of Tuesday January 2nd through Saturday January 6th and Monday January 8th through Friday January 12, 2024