Curbside Collection Services - Recycling Information
Extra Recycling will no longer be picked up curbside, as had been allowed during the initial months of the pandemic. All recycling must be in the cart.
Residents who have the occasional extra recycling may once again utilize the Recycling Drop-off Center on Ivory Street. A Town issued current trash sticker is required or proof of residency. Unlimited recycling may be dropped off. Hours of operation are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday from 7:15 AM to 2:45 PM.
Weekly Curbside Pickup
Curbside pickup of recycling is done weekly on your regular trash day. Please do not use any plastic bags in recycling carts! Plastic bags can be recycled at supermarkets, no matter where they came from, even dry cleaning bags, or any other type of plastic bag. All recycling material must be placed loosely in the cart. Please cut boxes to fit - No boxes outside the Cart.
- Missed pickups - call Sunrise Scavenger directly at 617-361-8000.
- Please have carts curbside prior to 7 a.m.
- Cart lids must be closed so trucks can operate safely.
- Carts should be 2 - 3 feet apart with at least 12 feet overhead clearance with handles facing house.
- Carts must be away from trees, poles, yard waste, furniture, etc.
- Only the Town issued carts can be used. No extra bags, boxes or barrels will be picked up.
Single Stream Recycling
Recycling must be loosely placed in carts. If using paper bags, materials must be emptied loosely into the cart.
The Town implemented “Single Stream Recycling,” which means that you no longer have to sort materials before recycling them. Recyclable items can go into the cart in any order: glass, cans, plastic, flattened cardboard, and paper. Please be sure to read the information label embedded into the recycling cart lid as it has important information to help you to obtain maximum service.