Curbside Collection Services - Recycling Information
Weekly Curbside Pickup
Curbside pickup of recycling is done weekly on your regular trash day. Please do not use any plastic bags in recycling carts! Plastic bags can be recycled at supermarkets, no matter where they came from, even dry cleaning bags, or any other type of plastic bag. All recycling material must be in the cart. Please cut boxes to fit.
- Missed pickups - call Sunrise Scavenger directly at 617-361-8000.
- Please have carts curbside by 7 a.m.
- Cart lids must be closed so trucks can operate safely.
- Carts should be 2 - 3 feet apart with at least 12 feet overhead clearance with handles facing house.
- Carts must be away from trees, poles, yard waste, furniture, etc.
- Only the Town issued carts can be used. No extra bags, boxes or barrels will be picked up.
Single Stream Recycling
Recycling must be loosely placed in carts and not in paper bags.
The Town implemented “Single Stream Recycling,” which means that you no longer have to sort materials before recycling them. Recyclable items can go into the cart in any order: glass, cans, plastic, flattened cardboard, and paper. Please be sure to read the information label embedded into the recycling cart lid as it has important information to help you to obtain maximum service.
Recycling - Accepted Curbside Single Stream Items:
- All colored and construction paper (staples/paper clips are okay)
- All paper (not contaminated by food)
- All plastic containers (milk jugs, bleach, detergent and shampoo bottles)
- Aluminum, foil, tin and steel cans and lids (rinsed)
- Cereal, shoe, pasta, and cracker boxes, etc., (remove liners)
- Flattened cardboard boxes (must fit in carts)
- Glass bottles and jars (all colors)
- Junk mail, brochures, flyers, and catalogues and books (with hard covers removed)
- Newspapers, including inserts and mail, envelopes of all types and cardboard
- Office paper, envelopes, file and pendaflex folders
- Paper bags, paperback books, telephone books, and magazines
- Soda, juice, water bottles (glass or plastic)
Recycling - Non- Accepted Curbside Single Stream Items
- Aerosol Containers
- Black Plastic (take out trays/catering/cake)
- Canisters (i.e. pringles, nuts, raisins)
- Ceramic Mugs, Dishes
- Cold Cups (i.e. soft drink)
- Drinking Glasses
- Flower Pots
- Foam Cups, Containers & Peanuts
- Food & Beverage Cartons
- Frozen Food Boxes
- Gift Wrap/Bags
- Hot Cups (i.e. coffee)
- Ice Cream Containers
- Juice Boxes
- Milk Cartons
- Paint Cans
- Plastic Bags
- Plastic Film & Wrap
- Plastic Padded Envelopes
- Plastic Plates, Bowls & Utensils
- Plastic Takeout Containers
- Pots & Pans
- Prescription Bottles
- Scrap Metal
- Shredded Paper
- Single-Use Coffee Containers
- Spiral Bound Workbooks
- Take-Out Containers
- Tissue Paper/Napkins
- Tyvek Envelopes
- Window Glass
- Yogurt Foil Tops