- Public Works
- Recycling / Trash
- Curbside Collection Services
- Recycling Information
Curbside Collection Services - Recycling Information
Residents who have the occasional extra recycling may once again utilize the Recycling Drop-off Center on Ivory Street. A Town issued current trash sticker is required or proof of residency. Unlimited recycling may be dropped off. Hours of operation are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday from 7:15 AM to 2:45 PM.
Weekly Curbside Pickup
Curbside pickup of recycling is done weekly on your regular trash day. Please do not use any plastic bags in recycling carts! Plastic bags can be recycled at supermarkets, no matter where they came from, even dry cleaning bags, or any other type of plastic bag. All recycling material must be placed loosely in the cart. Please cut boxes to fit - No boxes outside the Cart.
- Missed pickups - call Sunrise Scavenger directly at 617-361-8000.
- Please have carts curbside prior to 7 a.m.
- Cart lids must be closed so trucks can operate safely.
- Carts should be 2 feet apart with at least 12 feet overhead clearance with handles facing house.
- Carts must be away from trees, poles, yard waste, furniture, etc.
- Only the Town issued carts can be used. No extra bags, boxes or barrels will be picked up.
Single Stream Recycling
Recycling must be loosely placed in carts, even if using paper bags, materials must be emptied loosely into the cart.
Do you have the most recent recycling cart sticker? If not, extra copies are available at the Collector's Office at Town Hall. For more information on the updated recycling rules, please visit www.braintreema.gov/recycling
Recycling - Accepted Curbside Single Stream Items:
- All colored and construction paper (staples/paper clips are okay)
- All paper (not contaminated by food)
- Plastic containers (milk jugs, bleach, detergent and shampoo bottles)
- Tin and steel cans and lids (rinsed)
- Cereal, shoe, pasta, and cracker boxes, etc., (remove liners)
- Flattened cardboard boxes (must fit in carts and not be contaminated by food)
- Glass bottles and jars (all colors)
- Junk mail, brochures, flyers, and catalogs and books (with hard covers removed)
- Newspapers, including inserts and mail, envelopes of all types and cardboard
- Office paper, envelopes, file and pendaflex folders
- Paper bags, paperback books, telephone books, and magazines. Remove hardback covers then books can be recycled.
- Soda, juice, water bottles (glass or plastic)
PUT ITEMS IN LOOSELY AND NOT IN BAGS OF ANY KIND
Recycling - Non- Accepted Curbside Single Stream Items - Put in loosely not in bags of any kind
- Aerosol Cans
- Plastic take out containers/trays/catering/cake/vegetables, etc.)
- Canisters (i.e. pringles, nuts, raisins)
- Ceramic Mugs, Dishes
- Clothing - Textiles - Please put in recycling bin at every school.
- Cold Cups (i.e. soft drink)
- Crates of any material
- Drinking Glasses
- Flower Pots
- Foam Cups, Containers & Packing Peanuts
- Food or Liquid
- Food & Beverage Containers/Cardboard Including Pizza Boxes
- Frozen Food Boxes
- Gift Wrap/Bags
- Hot Cups (i.e. coffee)
- Ice Cream Containers
- Juice Boxes
- Milk Cartons
- Paint Cans
- Plastic Bags
- Plastic Film & Wrap
- Plastic Padded Envelopes
- Plastic Plates, Bowls & Utensils
- Plastic Takeout Containers
- Pots & Pans
- Prescription Bottles
- Scrap Metal
- Shredded Paper
- Single-Use Coffee Containers
- Spiral Bound Workbooks
- Take-Out Containers (catering cake, vegetables, etc.)
- Tissue Paper/Napkins
- Tyvek Envelopes
- Window Glass
- Yogurt Foil Tops
NO PLASTIC WRAP
NO PLASTIC BAGS
NO FOOD OR LIQUID