Curbside Collection Services - Trash Information
Residents receiving curbside services who have the occasional extra bags of household trash may utilize the Recycling Center at 257 Ivory St. All trash must be contained within a plastic bag & securely tied. A Town-issued sticker from the Treasurer's Office (781-794-8134) is required & must be affixed to your windshield. Up to 3 bags of trash may be dropped off daily. Recycling Center Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday: 7:15am - 2:45pm.
A $30 one-load permit to dispose of excess trash, beyond the three (3) bag daily allowance, may be purchased ahead of time at the Treasurer's Office, Town Hall (781-794-8134). Each permit allows for up to 300 pounds of material (you may purchase multiple permits) and can only be used once.
We cannot accept fencing, toilets, wood, drywall, pallets, windows/doors, bricks, stone or concrete blocks. Small quantities of wood bundled & tied is permitted (up to 3 bundles per visit).
Mattresses and box springs can no longer be dropped off.
Weekly Curbside Pickup
- Missed pickups - call CAPITOL WASTE SERVICES directly at 617-569-1718
- ANYTHING OUTSIDE THE CART - call CAPITOL WASTE SERVICES directly at 617-569-1718
- Please have carts curbside prior to 7 a.m.
- Carts should be 2 - 3 feet apart (also same distance from furniture) and in a place with at least 12 feet overhead clearance with handles facing house. (50 lb weight limit)
- Only the Town issued carts can be used.
- Trash must be in cart with lid closed (except for 2 bulky/large items detailed below.)
- 2 bulky/large items are allowed per week - call CAPITOL WASTE SERVICE AT 617-569-1718).
- Bulk items are picked up by a separate truck - not collected with your carts
- This only includes:
- Bulky/Large Items & Furniture.
- Up to 3 bundles of Carpet/Wood (no tree branches) must be cut in 3'-4' lengths and tied. 50 pound limit per bundle.
- Appliances & Mattresses/Box Springs -NEW MATTRESS COLLECTION REQUIREMENT *Please note: MUST CALL to arrange for pickup. Appliances include: refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, microwaves, lawn mowers (empty gas tanks), grills (without tanks), water heaters, air conditioners, etc. Call Capitol Waste Services at 617-569-1718 to schedule a pickup. If calling after office hours, leave your address, inclusive of “Braintree” and what item(s) you are putting out for pickup.
Televisions - Are Not Collected & Not Accepted at Residential Drop-Off Center
TV’s and computer monitors are not collected curbside and are not accepted at the drop-off center. TV’s are considered Hazardous Waste. There are many places to dispose of TV’s such as Best Buy, Clean Harbors, Willards Disposal Service, McConnell Enterprises, and at advertised, semi-annual collections by the Rotary Club of Braintree.
PER MA DEP regulations, CONSTRUCTION AND DEMOLITION materials CAN NOT BE PLACED CURBSIDE. C & D includes: windows, doors, flooring, roof materials, fencing, pallets, toilets, etc. - any non-household trash item.
Click here for construction disposal information:
Construction and Demolition Materials Also, Textiles (Clothing, shoes, blankets, etc.) can no longer be placed in the trash. Collection containers are located at the Recycling Center, all schools & many churches for collection.