The Glover Building was a physical education building constructed in1894. In 1891 Mrs. Sarah White Glover, at the age of 87, inherited the White family wealth. She would unfortunately pass away a year later. Prior to her death she had consulted with Judge French, President of the Board of Trustees, about how best to spend her money for educational purposes. French suggested that she donate to Thayer Academy as the school was in need of a gymnasium.