Established in 1936 the Braintree Contributory Retirement System (BCRS) currently has over 700 active members, and in excess of 500 retirees. The Board consists of two elected members, (nominees must be active or retired members), two appointed members by the Executive Authority, and the fifth member shall be an independent member appointed by the other four members.
While it is our aim to educate our membership, this word also serves as an acronym which defines our seven guiding principles:
- Data integrity
- Unbiased decision making
- Conservative and careful investment approach
- Efficient delivery of services
Through the utilization of a well-trained staff, we administer a pension benefit plan that provides three core benefits: superannuation retirement, disability coverage (accidental and ordinary), and death benefits. Eligibility for these benefits depends on factors such as a member's age, earnings, creditable service, and group classification. The staff is also well versed in areas of membership portability, prior service, and health benefits.
Elected Board Members
- Gerald J. Kenny, (retired) former Fire Chief
- Frederick Viola, Braintree Firefighter
Appointed Board Members
- Peter J. Morin, Town Administrator, Norwell
- Edward J. Spellman, Jr. (active) Director, Municipal Finance
Fifth Independent Member
- David J. Delgallo, Term Expires July 2019
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Sign up for Meeting Notifications